May 05, 2008

Reluctantly Beloved

"The difference between a flower girl and a lady is not in how she acts, but in how she is treated." (My Fair Lady)

Just so-

"The difference between a prostitute and someone's beloved is not in what she wears, but in how she is transformed."

And I've been so quick to fall for others
I've been so hasty to escape Your love
But still You've pursued me, despite the idols on my lips.
You've removed the cup that made me drunk (Isaiah 51:22)
You've redeemed me with nothing but Your blood(Isaiah 52:3),
Your life-- a sum that no one's ever paid before
Amounting to so much more than what I sold myself for
Which is so much less than the price I've paid
To construct a lie amongst all the choices I've made
Because nothing I've made before was true love
No matter what mask it wore
And no one that I've bowed before (Hosea 2:16-19)
Ever changed my heart like You
And now the chance that You could change me into a bride
A bride dressed in jewels and white(Isaiah 61:10)
Washed by Your Word-- made radiant and right... (Ephesians 5:25-27)
Still this thought leaves me hesitating
While You whisper in my ear,
"Everything that's ever left you hanging
Every unkept promise, every unsaid word
Let Me take the place of every lie you've ever heard
You are mine, I am yours
You are mine, I am yours
No matter where or who you've been."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it... I really do... it makes me think of that Derrek Webb song... I just don't even know what to say...
I love ya...

Cheers to boylessness...

“Ima” (The Prodigal’s Mother)

 Birth is the only jubilant end To one life being shared with another. Not so joyous is the letting go that comes after. No one told me what...