June 16, 2008

"My eyes fear to close
This reckless letting go is hard to bare
On the edge of what I need,
Still I cling to what I see
And what have I there?
I bred my own disaster,
Who have I to blame?
All I need is waiting to be fanned to flame."
jennifer knapp

I hope Jesus knows how grateful I am that He has given me such an incredible mirror-image reminder of Him in human form. It is amazing to me how clearly a person can reflect the character of God when they are teachable and transparent.

As an aside-- I'm praying for a gentle, quiet spirit. I don't think I'm quite there yet, but I can feel God working on me.

Also, I am beginning a new book project. Since venturing into a new, purer form of ministry, God has impressed upon my heart the need for Spirit-led writing. I was actually becoming frustrated that He was not allowing me to write for so long, but today I think He released me and gave me a task bigger than I really would have liked. Be on the look out for it, I'll keep you updated. The tenative title is "Reluctantly Beloved", and I think it will probably include much more than just words (meaning graphic arts, photography, an maybe sketching... all things that I have not even thought about doing in a very, very long time.)

Let's hope God made me talented enough, not just driven enough. haha

No comments:

“Ima” (The Prodigal’s Mother)

 Birth is the only jubilant end To one life being shared with another. Not so joyous is the letting go that comes after. No one told me what...