May 23, 2008

My theme song right now

Turn Your eyes from on this way. I have proved to live a dastardly day-- I hid my face from the saints and the angels who sing of Your glory. What You had in mind-- my weakness shines. Show me grace-- A little more than I can give, a little more than I deserve. Unearth this holiness I can't earn. It's a little more than I can give, a little more than I deserve. For all the sin that lives in me, it took a nail to set me free still, what I do I don't want to do and so goes the story. What You had in mind... What we seek we'll find, shine, show me grace. With all this motivation, I still find a hesitation deep in my soul. Despite all my demanding, I still find You understanding. Show me grace show me grace I know is... A little more than I can give, a little more than I deserve. Unearth this holiness I can't earn. It's a little more than I can give, a little more than I deserve


jennifer knapp




I just bought Plus One's CD, Exodus... I think it might become one of my favorites. I know that when the name, Plus One is spoken, people automatically think of white plastic egg chairs and the song, "Written on My Heart", but let me say-- THIS CD IS WAY COOLER THAN THAT. I much prefer the indie, Beatles-esque rock of this record to the boy band pop. I really dig their rendition of "Here I am to Worship." The CD is an excellent transition to Castledoor-- another one of my favorite bands. There are some definitely fantastic songs on this CD that reflect on deliverance and gratitude for God's redemption. JUST what I needed. The fact that the CD was produced by Peter Furler of the Newsboys doesn't hurt, either.

No comments:

“Ima” (The Prodigal’s Mother)

 Birth is the only jubilant end To one life being shared with another. Not so joyous is the letting go that comes after. No one told me what...