January 13, 2007

I need YOUR help.

Okay, so... I'm a couple of edits away from self-publishing my first novel. However, I need to figure out some stuff with the cover art. I have some mock-ups made with stock photos (I'll be taking my own for the actual cover), and I need to know what some people think of the ones I have so far. SO... out of the three designs below, which would you most likely pick up/buy/look at to read in a book store?

1)

























2)




3)






It will be a 6" by 9" book. The story is about a 17 year old girl that struggles with self-injury... if that helps you get a feel for the book at all. Of course, the back cover would mimmick the front in style and colors and such-- and it would be a lot more polished and professional looking. Whaddya think? Any opinions would be awesome... just be nice. haha


-Jessica

5 comments:

Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

I am only half way through the draft but I would say #1. If I change my mind after finishing it tomorrow I will be back.

Slatts said...

I haven't read it and I am guessing as a 23-year old male I am not really the target audience, but if I had to judge the book by the cover I would agree with Terry. #1 has got, IMHO, the best aesthetic quality.

Tanya said...

I like the first one best. I think the second one would appeal to teens as well. It has stars which are kinda punk.

Bob Carder said...

I also vote for the first one.

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Kari-Anne. I really prefer the first one the best

“Ima” (The Prodigal’s Mother)

 Birth is the only jubilant end To one life being shared with another. Not so joyous is the letting go that comes after. No one told me what...