December 26, 2005

They shut off the music

I've always wanted to be something far beyond beautiful... to shed this dimmed, tarnished, carnal skin and truly reflect the beauty of the world around me and the God within me. What kind of processes must one go through to do that? I don't even want to look like me, to be honest. There's far to many wonderful things in this world to be trying to attract attention to myself.

Meanwhile.
I've been reading a lot lately. Daphne DuMaurier is by far the best female writer ever to live. She writes musically, softly, as though nothing should ever be taken as surprising. Everytime I read any of her stories, I think I know exactly what's going on-- but it always turns out that I am incredibly wrong. Incredible.

In the world of retail.
As many may know (and as all should know), it is the day after Christmas. Ah, loverly Boxing day. I never had a real appreciation (or depreciation) for it until I worked an 8 hour shift during one of the best sales in St. Peters, Missouri. That's right. HomeGoods had their annual "50% off the lowest ticket price of all holiday motif items". Granted, I don't work for HomeGoods... at least, they don't pay me. I definitely sold a lot of their merchandise today!

Well.
I should go. Peace to all.

No comments:

“Ima” (The Prodigal’s Mother)

 Birth is the only jubilant end To one life being shared with another. Not so joyous is the letting go that comes after. No one told me what...